When Hugh Jackman said, “the smell of freshly made coffee is one of the world’s greatest inventions,” coffee lovers all over the world nodded their heads in agreement. Coffee is undeniably the world’s favourite beverage and the perfect start to a productive day. With the earliest records of coffee drinking dating back as far back as the 15th century, it is safe to assume that the world has been enjoying the many benefits of various types of coffee for quite a while now. There is no other pick-me-up like a nice cup of coffee, brewed just the way you like. It offers you a boost of motivation to get through your day smoothly.
Also Read: Types of Tea You Must Really Know
Not only that, different types of coffee have also become an important force of socialisation. Some of the best times are shared by people over a cup of coffee! There is a lot to uncover once you step into the world of coffee, so the following list will tell you all you need to know.
1. Vienna Coffee
With the oncoming showers of monsoon, there is nothing better than a warm, comforting cup of coffee to curl up in bed with. Starting off with the best option for this weather, Vienna-style coffee is as tasty as it gets. This is a delicious blend that is part coffee and part hot chocolate, bringing you the best of both worlds. You can prepare this at home with just a few simple ingredients: espresso and chocolate syrup, and toppings such as cinnamon, cocoa powder, chocolate sprinkles, chocolate ganache, or whipped cream.
Proportion: 3 single shots of hot espresso coffee.
- Add a couple of cubes of dark or milk chocolate in boiling milk and stir till they dissolve.
- Pour this mixture into a hot cup and add your shots of coffee.
- Decorate with whipped cream and other toppings before serving.
2. Espresso Coffee
Primarily of Italian origin, this is an extremely popular coffee brewing method. This coffee contains higher levels of ground beans in ratio to water than other coffees, making it notorious for its strong nature. Not only is this a base for several other coffee preparations, like cafe macchiatos, cafe mochas, cafe lattes, and more, but you can also have a single shot of espresso for a boost of energy on lazy days.
Proportion: 6–8 grams of coffee for a single shot.
- Grind dark roast coffee beans finely and place your filled portafilter on the scale to weigh.
- Transport this to a flat surface and distribute the grounds evenly.
- Run the machine without a portafilter first and then lock it into place. Your espresso shot will be ready in a few seconds!
3. Long Black Coffee
Reminiscent in the taste of an Americano, this is the best type of coffee if you are looking for something strong. Mainly found in Australia and New Zealand, this coffee is bitter in taste but has multiple health benefits like a rich supply of antioxidants. This concentrated coffee will be quite helpful in the long run by reducing cell damage to consequently reduce the risk of heart diseases. You should ideally drink one cup of this coffee everyday. Long black is also one of the types of coffees in India that are easiest to make.
Proportion: 1–2 shots of espresso.
- Boil some water and pour into a cup.
- Add your shots of espresso, stir and drink.
4. Cortado Coffee
Very commonly loved in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, and many other places, this is one one of the types of coffee that lie somewhere between iced and hot temperatures. The Cortado is unique in terms of preparation as well as taste, making it a favourite of many. You can make this coffee at home with just two simple ingredients. This is the perfect coffee for you if you want a smooth texture with the heavenly bitterness of coffee and just a touch of sweetness.
Proportion: 2 shots of espresso
- Start by pouring two shots of espresso in a cup.
- Cut off the espresso with warm, frothy milk; less than half the espresso for a stronger edge.
Also Read: Types of Chocolate: A Guide to All the Different Kinds of Chocolate
5. Macchiato Coffee
While coffee itself is known as a very refreshing drink, you can enjoy this refreshment with a rich iced macchiato. Literally translated from the Italian word “macchiato” as “marked,” cafe macchiato is also known as marked coffee. This is because the mixture consists of shots of espresso with a small amount of milk, usually prepared with foam. This coffee is a Starbucks popular that you can flavour with things like caramel, latte, etc., to enjoy it to its fullest.
Proportion: 2 shots of espresso.
- Mix espresso, milk, vanilla syrup, and ice together in a cup.
- Blend for a smooth texture, add your favourite flavours and enjoy!
6. Black Coffee
Next in line of the strongest out of how many types of coffee one can have, black coffee is served with no other flavourings, sugar, or milk. If you are somebody who turns to a cup of coffee every morning for some energy, this type of coffee is just what you need! The strong bitterness clears the fog of sleep in an instant and prepares you to face your tasks head-on. Along with providing a boost of energy to face the day ahead, black coffee is also known to have positive impacts on your cardiovascular health.
Proportion: 60–70g of coffee beans.
- Roast your coffee beans on a pan and add them to a cup.
- Pour a cup of boiling water over these beans and allow the flavour to seep in before giving it a good mix and drinking.
7. Americano Coffee
This is another type of coffee prepared without milk. Also meant to have a strong flavour, an Americano is diluted with water and you can have it hot as well as iced; although the classic drink is more often than not served hot. The previously mentioned long black coffee is sometimes known as a variation of an Americano. As it uses espresso, it has many of the same notes of flavour but the infusion with water makes it different from traditional coffee.
Proportion: 1 shot of espresso.
- Pour a shot of espresso into a cup and some warm water into another.
- Mix the two well and enjoy your Americano!
8. Cappuccino Coffee
Originated in Austria, cappuccino is another espresso-based drink that is very popular among all coffee drinkers. If you like a balanced taste in your coffee, this is a drink that will definitely appeal to you. It is traditionally prepared with espresso shots and steamed milk foam. You can also switch it up by adding additional flavours or your favourite toppings to experiment with the taste.
Proportion: Double espresso shots.
- Prepare your espresso shots and keep aside.
- Heat half a cup of milk until it has almost boiled; then whip this milk with a whisk until it is frothy.
- Condense the foam and pop any big bubbles to get a smooth consistency.
- Add this milk to your espresso shots and swirl to bring the foam on top.
Also Read: Best Food Bloggers in India
9. Latte Coffee
Cappuccinos and lattes are known to be extremely similar in preparation and taste, but there are a few differences that will help you distinguish between them. One of the main distinctions between the two are the proportions of ingredients, with lattes being a milkier and lighter version of cappuccinos. This is a popular type of drink many opt to sip throughout the day to get their daily serving of strong yet delicious coffee.
Proportion: 1 shot of espresso.
- Pour your milk into a jar and shake it hard for about a second for the milk to froth.
- Microwave the milk.
- Prepare your espresso shot.
- Pour your shot into a cup then slowly add the milk by holding the foam back with a spoon.
- Add some foam to the top, sprinkle some cocoa powder, and enjoy!
10. Decaf Coffee
Coffee is surely an extremely energetic drink and if you have it right, you can enjoy many benefits. However, high amounts of caffeine in your system can have side effects such as restlessness, insomnia, heart palpitations, and more. Decaf coffee is a type of coffee brewed from decaffeinated beans, which contain less than 3% caffeine. If you enjoy the taste of coffee but want to skip over any possible side effects, this is the best choice for you!
Proportion: 70g of coffee beans
- Start by running the beans through your coffee maker.
- Collect the first cup of caffeinated water and throw it away as this will contain most of the caffeine.
- You can use the second round of water to prepare your favourite recipes with cream milk, etc.
11. Mocha Latte Coffee
Also known as a mochaccino, this is one of the most delicious types of coffees. A mocha latte is simply a cafe latte with chocolate put into the mixture. This gives you a very smooth taste as well as texture with the perfect amalgamation of coffee-chocolate flavours to lift your spirits. The sweet edge brought on by additional chocolate can be enhanced with flavourings.
Proportion: A single shot of espresso.
- Whisk some cocoa powder, maple syrup, and vanilla extract together. You can also opt for a chocolate syrup.
- Mix your espresso shot with hot water well.
- Whisk both these mixtures together, and add some frothed milk to the preparation.
- Top it off with whipped cream and some chocolate sprinkles. Enjoy!
12. Irish Coffee
This is the perfect boozy drink that will warm you from the inside. As the name suggests, the drink is of Irish origins and can be prepared with a combination of Irish whiskey, coffee, sugar, and cream. Irish coffee is an especially popular drink during cold weather as it feels like a warm and delicious blanket against the chill. Just a few sips of this drink are enough to keep you focused, jolly, and comfortable.
Proportion: A hot double espresso.
- Add 25 ml of Irish whiskey in your glass.
- Add some sugar to the glass and mix till it dissolves in the whiskey.
- Next, pour your coffee in and mix well.
- Add some whipped cream on this drink and enjoy this cocktail!
Also Read: 11 Tips for Photography
13. Flat White Coffee
A flat white is the ideal drink for people who enjoy the smooth taste of coffee but want to forgo the fancy additions like foam. Prepared with espresso shots, steamed milk, and microfoam. This drink is light and sweet, something you can start the day with if you have a sweet tooth. The drink has been made extremely popular by coffee chains like Starbucks and beautiful coffee art that many experiment with.
Proportion: 2 shots of espresso.
- Pour your double espresso in a coffee mug.
- Steam some milk and add it slowly to the espresso in order for the coffee to mix and the foam to fall in the end.
- You can add sugar in the milk itself, if you fancy sugary drinks.
- Make a simple pattern on this flat white and enjoy!
14. Affogato Coffee
Last but not the least on this list is an Italian coffee-based dessert that will highly appeal to those who are looking for new coffee dishes to savour. The texture is more like an ice cream than coffee, but the scoop of gelato drowned in a shot shot of espresso gives it a unique temperature and flavour.
Proportion: 1 espresso shot.
- Freeze a mug and add a large scoop of properly frozen gelato or ice cream.
- Pour fresh, hot espresso over this, and serve!
Visit Infifashion for more of such fun ideas on interesting topics!
Top Luxury Fashion Brands | Types of Nail Shapes | Top Most Luxury Makeup Brands | Home Décor Ideas for a Better Living Space | Types Of Skirt You Will Love | Right Skin Care Routine | How to Get Rid of Pimples | Best Running Shoes For Women | Places To Visit In India this Vacation | How to Get Rid of Dandruff | Health Benefits of Running | Show-stopping Wedding Outfit Ideas | How to Buy Jewellery | How to Style Skirt | Skin Care Tips for Monsoon |